MALAYSIAN BENGALEE ASSOCIATION
Events organized by MBA
The events organized by MBA are notified in the FACEBOOK page.
In general,the following events are organized routinely over the past decades.
- Paila Baisakh: Celebration of Bengali New Year in mid-April.
- Rabindra Jayanti: Celebration of birthday of Nobel Laureate Rabindranath Tagore in May or June.
- Durga Puja and Lakshmi Puja:
Worship of Goddess Durga for 4 days in Sept-Oct.
Goddess Lakshmi is worshipped in a separate ceremony after Durga Puja.
- Kali Puja: The worship of Goddess Kali is a mega event for MBA since it coincides with Deepavali which is a public holiday in Malaysia. Kali Puja is organized in “Bengal House” at Port Dickson.
- Saraswati Puja: Worship of Goddess Saraswati in mid-February.
- Dol/Holi: The festival of colours is organized in a weekend after the actual Holi festival in March.
The attendees are expected to contribute an amount of MYR 20-50 (or more for major events) to cover the cost of the celebrations.
Please check the EVENTS page of MBA in FACEBOOK for regular updates on events. (LINK) .